I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phil 4:13

Sunday, April 19, 2009

How Does a Garden Grow?

This Spring we decided to plant a garden. I had wanted to do it last year but we never got around to it, so this year My wonderful husband got it started. He built the garden and went and got great soil then we went and bought some plants and seeds. The girls and I had a great time planing the Tomato plants, broccoli and various other plants, then Nate and I did the seeds. Everything looks like it is going well. The tomato plants and getting taller and have blooms and we even saw some broccoli, I just wasn't sure exactly when to harvest the broccoli. I really didn't expect to see "results" so soon. Sure enough by the time I got on the internet to check it out the broccoli then was turning into yellow flowers. That is way too long. So we missed our first bunch. Oh well, that's ok, they say the first of the season isn't very good anyway. We'll have to see how long it takes to produce more. This gardening thing is good in theory but if you don't have a lot of patience like I don't, it gets "boring". Here are a few pics of my lovely garden. We did plant i think too many tomato plants so once it starts producing I might be handing out tomatos every time I see you.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I just saw Ella's pics on Kim's blog. My goodness, how cute is she! It almost makes me wish for another. But I'll just have to wait a few years for grandbabies (and I do mean many, many years!)

    ReplyDelete