I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phil 4:13

Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Hero

It was quite an interesting afternoon here. Of course everyday is interesting but this one was exceptional. We got home from school and since the weather is just gorgeous the girls wanted to go out back and play and bounce on the bounce house. I had pulled out the house yesterday for Meg but i didn't get it staked down cause the ground was hard and I was lazy and didn't want to go get the hammer. Anyway, It was very windy today. The girls are out bouncing, i'm inside changing baby E's diaper and I hear screaming (MOM!) Well, what else is new, I always hear someone screaming. Again I hear it but this time I think, there seems to be some urgency. So I hurry up with E and go outside, I see the bounce house up on its side and Lauren trying to hold it down. This things weighs twice as much as her and is 3 x's as tall. I break into a run with E in my arms. Throw her down and grab the house cause it is still trying to get wind under it and take off. Well once we got it under control, I hammered down the stakes and made it all safe I asked Lauren if they were in it when it went on it's side. Yes they were. She got out and held it down and told Meg there was an opening on the side for her to climb out. What great thinking for my brave 6 year old. If you only knew, one year ago she would have completely flipped out. I was so proud of her and praised her for her Leadership and quick thinking. AHH, she makes my heart happy! Love you Lauren. You are my sunshine!

4 comments:

  1. Yay Lauren! Sounds like she went into mommy mode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about quick thinking under pressure! Way to go Lauren! God was truly protecting your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, am I supposed to cry when reading a story about a bounce house? - man am I emotional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not suprised at all. Way to go you little actress you! ;-)

    Miss the girls!

    Chels

    ReplyDelete