I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phil 4:13

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

I got this from yesterday's devotion from my book "At His Feet". I thought it was appropriate going into thanksgiving.

Thankfulness for what God has blessed us is not enough;knowledge of the blessing is granted us that we might extend the blessing to others.
God's favor comes to those who know their need. Abundance and status are deceitful, often blinding us the to the very need God wants us to acknowledge.
Our gratitude often contains a tragic irony. We think we are being spiritual by thanking Him for things, but we may end up thanking Him for our own idols. Are we really grateful to God for material blessings? Or are we just thankful to have them, regardless of how we got them? The difference is subtle.
Ask yourself: If God took the blessings away, would i still love Him? If so, you were truly thanking God. If not you only saw Him as the means to another end. This Thanksgiving, thank God for all he has blessed you with. Be aware of spiritual pitfalls in the blessings He has given. Do not let them mask your deeper needs.

What am I thankful for today, truly thankful?
1. my wonderful husband
2. my precious children
3. my family
4. my friends
5. I get to go to church and read my bible whenever i want.
6. that i get to buy christmas presents
7. that i will eat a very yummy thanksgiving
8. that i run almost everyday and can run
9. that i already have my christmas cards done
10. my home.

God does give and take away and i pray that i will still be thankful even when He takes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment