I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phil 4:13

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Are you 'Mazed'

I haven't had a chance to blog much this week, so I'm going to catch up on the weeks events.

First off, last weekend we took the girls to Grapevine's Polar Express. We did this a couple of years ago and it was lots of fun so we thought they would enjoy it, especially since Meg really has never been on it. They get you so pumped up before you get on the train with singing and dancing and all sorts of fun, then we go to get on the train. Meg was so funny, she got on and kept saying "Mommy this is mazing, mommy this train is so mazing!" It was so sweet, and like I've said in previous posts I love seeing things through the eyes of my children. She was enthralled by the entire experience and to get to ride the train was such fun for her. Lauren of course had fun too, she was actually with a birthday party too so she was having her own fun with her other friends and kids. Santa of course was on the train and M just couldn't take her eyes off him. So, it was lots of fun. Love the atmosphere at nighttime on the train.

Then Saturday Nate and his dad flew out to Atlanta to watch our nephew, Daniel, play football in the state championships played at the Georgia Dome. They won! They all had a great time! Nate doesn't get away much so I'm glad he got to go. They even flew first class! :)

Sunday was the girls Christmas Choir program at church. Lauren did great singing and Meg and her age group had their own little segment. Of course I had to give her the "i don't want to see any skin" speech. She did great, she kept waving to me and looking behind her pretty much the entire time but at least she kept her clothes where they should be.

Then this week we got hit with the stomach bug for Lauren, hopefully no one else will get it. That took us all out for a day, which I had a feeling someone was about to get sick. It never fails though, L is always sick on a holiday and last year she was sick on the day of her xmas party at school. Luckily she was much better today and she went so she didn't miss the party, just Santa. Santa flew in on the helicopter to see the kids yesterday. Oh well, maybe next year. Anyway, I have been going full speed ahead these past couple of weeks and I just had a thought this week about God allowing the children to get sick to slow me down. yep, I guess we all needed a day together.

The weather this week has kept me in though, baking and cleaning. I think I am finally done xmas shopping and errands and now I hope to just sit back and enjoy this next week. All our family is coming in starting this weekend. Can't wait for Christmas Eve Service at our church, it is usually wonderful and gets you in the spirit of Christmas. Today I was just reveling all day in the Spirit of Christmas. The song Happy Birthday Jesus came on the radio and Meg started singing with it and it just brought tears to my eyes. We made cookies yesterday and today and I keep trying to instill in Megan that it's not all about Santa, cause she is all about Santa. She thinks we are only making cookies for Santa. Hopefully it will sink in with her that this is Jesus Birthday, he came down from Heaven to save us! He humbled himself to sacrifice himself for us, so we could be in Heaven with Him! Just Mazing! So what do you believe? Do you believe in the true Spirit of Christmas? Do you believe in Jesus? Take a moment and be amazed by the beauty and the joy of Christmas. Stop rushing around, stop stressing out none of that matters. Jesus is all that matters. Be 'mazed'!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, You rock! Thanks for reminding us of the real focus! I can't wait to celebrate His birth with all my friends in some awesome fellowshipping Saturday!

    ReplyDelete