I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phil 4:13

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Ornaments

This is from Cristi. What are my favorite ornaments and why? Well, first of all I am not very sentimental when it comes to ornaments. But these are the few I really like...








I have a crystal tree, we started collecting Swarovski annual ornaments when we were dating, so I have every year up until the last 3. My MIL used to give them to us for xmas but she doesn't anymore and we just haven't bought them. So I need to catch up on them. Anyway, I really enjoy my crystal ornaments and the children and great, they know not to touch this tree. Although i did hang them higher this year.









I have tried to do handprint ornaments with each of the girls but Ella's is the only one that actually turned out decent.







This one reminds me of our "early" years when Nate worked at Home Depot part time. They gave the employees this ornament. We still hang it. Plus Nate is always at Home Depot, his favorite store.










Shaughnessy, westhighland terrier, was my dog when I lived at home. when we got married He came to live with us. We gave him away 2 years ago, he was getting very old and anyway, it was time. But even though people think I don't like dogs cause I did that, I do and I have several ornaments for him that we still hang.






This one if a favorite when Lauren was 2 she dressed up as Dorothy for Halloween and her cousin Eric was the Lion. My mom found this ornament at Hallmark. Love it!

That's it.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing that Suzie! I would have never dreamed you'd have a crystal tree...I learned something new about you :) And I actually like your home depot ornament...I know lots of men that would love that...but I love that it reminds you of a specific time in your life...I love when ornaments do that :)

    ReplyDelete