I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phil 4:13

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Megan Mania

We had Meg's Christmas Program last night for her MDO. We have this program every year. Last year Meg just stood on the stage in the sanctuary and didn't move or sing. So I thought ok, 3 is still pretty young she will probably do the same thing. Well, I should have known better. I should have known, when i dropped her off in her classroom and she was so wound up she wouldn't even stand still for a picture. She had this ivory colored tulle skirt and ivory shirt on with leggings. She apparently thought she was the "twirling"princess because in the classroom she kept lifting up her skirt to twirl. I specifically told her, do not lift your skirt on the stage.

So the sweet little program gets started, there is a cute video of all the babies and the ones. Then the 2's go up there and sing. Then the three turn. Since Meg is so short of course she is on the front row. All they have to do is sing three songs and get off the stage. Well, First song, Meg is twirling her arms around like a windmill the entire time. Barely singing and of course not doing any of the hand gestures. Second song, she decides to stick her hands down the back of her skirt. The entire time i am on the floor (mortified of course) right in front trying to take cute pictures and motioning for her to get her hands out. She just looks at me and smiles. Like, ha, I'm up here and you are down there and there is nothing you can do about it. It seems like everybody is laughing, we were ROTF ourselves. Anyway, it gets better, by the third song she decides to lift her shirt up. Everyone got a good shot of her belly and button cause she left it up the entire song! Now I'm really mortified and laughing so hard I'm crying. Why does this have to be my child? She is not supposed to do things like this! Where is the modesty? UGH!!! I can feel the gray hairs popping out now! Then today several people call, great show last night of meg. And then the best one, i have pictures for you Suzie, great! And they are zoomed in. Great! Thanks Jen! At least, I found this out later, there was another kid with his hands in his pants too! I feel so much better now. I'd show you pics put they aren't zoomed in so maybe another time.

1 comment: